Wednesday 27 August 2014

Fried Chicken Salad


Verdict?  Ok; would make again but I would use spinach and/or mixed salad greens, pickled beets which would work nicer with the blue cheese.  And I have to wonder; how healthy really is the chicken when its fried in grease?  Although, it does taste good!   

I think this could be cooking light recipe; could not find it on google or their web site; I just had it in my recipe files which I copied from books I borrowed when visiting the library with my mum.

Marinate Chicken:
Note:  Recipe called for ¼ lb; I used ½ lb skinless boneless chicken, pounded down to an even thinkness and cut into thin strips.  Marinate chicken in ½ - 1 c of buttermilk for ½ hour

Combine:
¼ c all purpose flour
¼ c breadcrumbs
1 t garlic powder
1 t thyme
½ t salt and ½ t pepper

Remove chicken from marinate;

Heat 1 T of oil in pan coated with cooking spray over med high heat

Dredge chicken into breadcrumb mixture; add to pan and cook (3 mins on each side) or until done (depending on the thickness)

Meanwhile arrange dinner plates with 4 cups of romaine lettuce (I would use a mixture of spinach & salad greens)

Place beets (1 – 15 oz can drained) I would use pickled beets

And chicken on top

Top with honey Dijon mustard dressing* and 2 T of crumbled blue cheese

287 calories/ I don’t belive it!
Photocopy of page 483 / cooking light ? / Seafood & meat salads



*Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing
Courtesy of:

No comments:

Post a Comment