Saturday 19 August 2017

Easy Peasy Peach Preserves

Have my heart set on making a peach tart; when reading the recipe ingredient called for peach preserves; so I decided to make my own.  Googled and found a couple of recipes but either way needed to head out and get equipment required (canning pot; jars & lids, jar lifter, magnet want and "head space" measurer; good to go.  But by the time I got home, almost time to make dinner.... So I went with Lazy Peach Preserves!

Well I must say this was easy, just like promised!  And a great way to use up peaches before they start going bad - which they do very fast.  And I love the fact that I am not using any pectin and honey vs sugar.  And we love honey; calls for 1.25 cups; always have Ontario farmers market honey in stock.

Ingredients
4 pounds peaches
1 1/4 cups honey
zest of 1 lemon, thinly sliced

Simply wash your peaches
slice - I did approx. 6 or 8 per half
then place in dish
top with honey and stir
and grate the zest of 1 lemon
stir and let sit covered with plastic wrap

In the interim, home improvement day; I also bought new bedding; sheers...
then I cooked dinner; after which went to work (as I have a busy day tomorrows)
boiled jars and lids
then placed peaches in a pot and boiled, stirring constantly for at least 10 - 15 mins
placed into jars
sealed and put into warm water for 20 mins

I have to say the sound of the jars popping is music to my ears!

But the proof is in the pudding; looking forward to trying some tomorrow with my morning yogurt!

Courtesy of:
http://foodinjars.com/2013/08/lazy-peach-preserves/

No comments:

Post a Comment