Monday 6 April 2015

Wednesday's Dinnertime with our Nieces


 Oh how we look forward to this day.  And we are learning what they like and what they don’t. Who knew that children generally as a rule hate vegetables? 

I don’t think we as children ever had a choice but then again we were hungry… after running around all day and we didn’t really ever “snack” like we do now… but its true there are very many dishes that one does not appreciate when one is young… You’re mum’s cooking you never really ever appreciate until you have grown and have a home of your own J  full circle

They are such sweethearts!  I love them both! I don’t care if they don’t like what I have made for dinner; but I am very happy when they have tried it!  Honest answers always welcome.   Of course, I want to please them, that goes without saying and quite funny actually as girls advised me last week that I get 1 point for each dinner so far.   I laughed, that was pretty good. I didn’t think I fared so well!  And they have no idea that Hubby & I rate our recipes too!


Baked Eggplant with Mushroom & Tomato Sauce slathered in melted cheese
My First dish:  which I thought they would adore; I know have to question myself… eggplant?  Not on the top 10 of children fav dishes anywhere in the world!  And neither is mushrooms either I suppose.


Hamburgers and fries
Well, how could you go wrong with this dish? And I was very glad to serve them something they loved after last week’s fiasco!

Moroccan Meatballs in Spicy tomato Sauce
Girls were not keen on the sauce nor the meatballs.  Very skeptical when they saw currents in the meatballs and truthfully I was glad that we could make ham & cheese naan sandwiches as a backup as Sumaya would not have eaten a thing as she didn’t like the couscous either.
 

Squash & Apple Soup with grilled cheese sandwiches
Sumaya home sick this day and I discovered that Nazli is not keen on soup or grilled cheese either. Can't express how grateful to have some chicken nuggets in freezer along she enjoyed with cheddar cheese and bread. 


Spaghetti & meatballs
Discovered that this is Nazli’s #1 favourite dish!



Just realized that “Better butter chicken” won’t work as it contains Cashew Butter so I opted for Beef Vegetable Stew in a Port Wine gravy sauce served over fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment