Tuesday 12 July 2016

Celebrate Summer: Summer Peach & Tomato Salad


Weather is hot & humid; summer is at its peak.  Ontario peaches not yet in season but this recipe so tantalized me that I just had to try. Did not disappoint; Hubby and I were both fighting for any scraps from the serving bowl!  So simple to make; did not get home from work til 7pm; simply warmed up some pre-cooked pork which I picked up from Coppa’s earlier this week and assembled salad; all hubby had to do was open a bottle of wine

Ingredients:
1 peach sliced with skin
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 field tomato sliced
hand full of orange cherry tomatoes, halved
and threw in a couple of red cheery tomatoes, halved

Dressing:
1 T balsamic vinegar
1.5 t olive oil
1 t honey
pinch of salt & pepper
2 T feta cheese
Approx 5-6 basil leaves, chopped

Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.  
Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt & pepper in a bowl using a whisk.
Drizzle mixture over salad ingredients and toss to coat.
Spring with feta cheese and basil leaves.

Ready to serve and enjoy!
  
Adapted from:

Update:  
Served this Sunday with sirloin steak & baked potatoes when both my nieces came to dinner; after which we walked over to enjoy classical summer concert in local park.  Both had seconds, which pleased me, and eldest has been bugging me for recipe; hence this post J  

No comments:

Post a Comment