Friday 9 January 2015

Christmas Food Basket 2014


I guess I really am a “foodie”!  I love to make food items for those I love during the Christmas holiday.  No time to post and I have been sick with the flu this week and in my feverish state found I woke up while I was in the midst of putting together a Christmas feast… with old friends no longer here... it was a turkey, cranberry stuffing I was worried about when the alarm went off this morning and oh how I wanted to go back and finish what I started… Realized that is my idea of heaven, feeding everyone I love and have known in my lifetime; their favourite food/meal; each and everyone of them; and I am comforted in the fact that yes, that is possible, cause 1 day is a 1,000 years in heaven!

Okay, that is my dream, but I posting this now cause I am thinking of a special someone that I didn't get the chance to give to... but when is it never too late?  This is something I hope loved ones would enjoy on a cold wintry night.. fireplace burning....

Sue's Christmas 2014 Basket
  • Bottle of wine
  • Canister of homemade cookies·
  •  Jacobs crackers
  • herb goat cheese
  • Fig and Orange & Brandy Jam  
Fig, Orange and Brandy Jam
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 package of dried figs

Place all ingredients electric slow cooker; stir until sugar dissolves. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours and then let sit for 24 hours.

Place in blender and process until smooth.

Place into into hot sterilized jars. Cover jars with metal lids; screw on bands. Cool to room temperature. Chill thoroughly; store in refrigerator.


Which I think would go best with a sandwich I discovered earlier this summer!

God is good!


Adapted from Cooking Light
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/orange-fig-jam
Note:  card  shown in basket is picture and insert shows web link shown above detailing Cooking Light Recipe
Thanks Cooking Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment