Saturday 10 January 2015

the Sandwich... BLT and Farmer's Market Beets & Goat Cheese... so good!

Sunny day but cold; strong bitter winds; want to say coldest day of the year but that was Wed at -30 degrees!  The sun was glorious!  Crazy as this might sound but there were people actually surfing out on the lake this morning!  I left hubby & good friend to venture off to the grocery store; I then stopped off to see my in-laws before making a few more stops before getting home. 



Time to eat:  BLTs with fresh field tomatoes (my dad would never ever knowingly eat hot house tomatoes; they did not agree with him, yet he had to have at least 1 tomato every day!) and smokey bacon…  Sandwich was well worth the wait I was told. 

Its now suppertime time and neither one of us are “starving” for which I am glad because tonight’s fare is a simple rustic dish.  Using pickled beets that I picked up at the German Country Christmas Market, so worth the $9 price tag!  They are simply gorgeous!  Infused Olive oil given to us over the holidays from a friend who hails from Kingston, ON; coupled with herbed goat cheese, salad greens and a freshly made loaf of French Bread, sliced, slathered with olive oil and lightly toasted under the broiler.  

I did fry up some left over steak but frankly it was not needed.  

Oh, and let’s not forget the bottle of South African Cabernet Sauvignon.

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment