Sunday 5 October 2014

Easy Cioppino


Tonight's dish perfectly suited the mood of the day!  Wanted to cook up extra cod that I have in the fridge.  I scoured Internet for cod recipes to no avail.  I queried family last night and even today at the grocery store (Caribbean girl) how they would cook… discovered something new... I believe there is a difference… I think they were each talking about salted cod whereas I was working with fresh cod.

Ended up pulling out recipe books and made the following dish.  It was ready within ½ hour and sat in the pot where we could both pick at in our own time through out the day in the midst of football for hubby and laundry, cleaning, etc for me.  :)

Easy Cioppino
2 lbs cod
3 T olive oil
2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 kitchen t of minced garlic
3 cups of coarsely chopped roma tomatoes
14 oz of chicken broth
1 t dried oregano
¼ t anise seeds

In a dutch oven heat oil over med heat
Add sliced fennel and cook about 10 mins or until tender stirring occasionally.  Add garlic and cook 1 min more.

Add tomatoes, broth, oregano and anise seeds.  Bring to a boil, add fish and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 mins uncovered. 

Serve with crusty bread. 

8 servings/178 cal
Courtesy BHG, 30 minute dinners, cooking magazine, April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment